Saturday, May 30, 2009

FOUNTAIN MAKEOVER

I got this fountain a couple of years ago. It is made of three pieces, base, bowl, and crown. Since I didn’t want an electrical cord running across the terrace, I repurposed it into a beautiful planter.


The original color was limestone. It was spray painted with faux stone paint; (not by me lol) which was made for indoor use. It didn’t fair well and was peeling badly and by this spring it looked just awful.

I wanted to try to restore it to the original limestone color but that didn’t work out. So I gave it a good base using Krylon’s Indoor Outdoor primer in white and finished it with a coat of Rust-oleum spray paint in almond. I did one coat of the primer and two coats of the finish.

Photobucket Photobucket

I let them completely dry in between coats. The almond color was the closest I could find to limestone. My hope is that it will age well.

Photobucket


I gave this adorable little girl a makeover at the same time I did the fountain

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

I just recently got this freebie. She’s in bad shape as well. Soon she’ll look as fresh and pretty as her sister.

Enjoy your weekend! ttfn!

Photobucket

3 comments:

susansspace said...

Hi, Tina,
You've inspired me to clean up our concrete 'children' that oversee the bird and chipmunk feeding areas. They're looking pretty dirty and grubby at the present time.
By the way, do you prefer to be called Tina or Svetlana? As you probably noticed, I go by two names, also. I'm 'Mimi', but given name is 'Susan.' Confusing, huh?

Unknown said...

Hi Mimi, Tina is my nickname, Svetlana is my given name. I go by Tina.

Make sure you take a before and after picture. I'd love to see it. I'm going to add a space for before and after pictures post on my "How to" blog. I'd love you post it on here if you don't mind.

The Stylish House said...

Tina,
This turned out well and I think it will get even better as is ages a bit. I am always fixing up my stuff or changing it around to make it work better or freshen it up so appreciate this.
Cathy



Related Posts with Thumbnails